Solo and Group Exhibition Proposal
We are currently accepting submissions for our 2022 Vivian T. Cooke Exhibition Series
East Lubbock Art House is accepting submissions for our 2022 Open Call for Solo and Group Art Exhibitions for our Vivian T. Cooke Exhibition Series.
Please email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “ELAH Exhibition Proposal”.
Include in the email:
-An artist statement and/or show statement (please Google “How to write an artist statement” if you are unsure of what we are looking for)
-8-10 images of your work
-A proposal of a community engagement project associated with your art exhibition. This community engagement project is something that is free, open to the public, and offers individuals to engage in the arts and/or activism (a few examples are, but are not limited to a make n’ take event, mural, art class, artist talk).
Special consideration is being given to BIPOC artists, LGBTQIA+ artists, and artists living in Lubbock, Texas or in the Texas region.
We are also providing artist stipends of $500 upon acceptance.
Please understand that submissions are considered based on the location of the artist, size and stability of work, amount needed to insure artwork, and the merit of the artist based on submissions.
Deadline for submissions is ongoing.
ELAH Art Auction **CALL FOR ART**
deadline for submissions: November 30th at 11:59 PM
How to Submit Art:
- Email 1-3 works of art to email@example.com with the subject line “ELAH ART AUCTION 2021”.
- Please include clear images of work, title (not required), medium, and starting bid price.
- This call is only open to Texas-based artists, with an Instagram account, willing to ship their own work if any is bid on and sold.
- All works sold are a 70/30 spilt with ELAH taking a 30% commission. This is a fundraiser for ELAH.
- Bid prices are up to artists discretion but, suggestions can be given. Please price accordingly based on time, effort, and supplies put into work. Consider submitting works that you would price under $100 but, price your works reasonably (don’t cheat yourself). Also research shipping costs as well. Items that work best are: small craft items, unframed prints, small paintings, etc.
First 99 works submitted will be selected! Further information regarding the Art Auction will be sent out after your submission. For any further concerns or questions or may check out the @eastlubbockarthouse Instagram for more information.
VOICES OF EAST LUBBOCK
**DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: October 31st at 11:59 p.m.**
We are currently accepting submissions for our Voices of East Lubbock event. Submissions are accepted from artists and creatives working or living in East Lubbock or who have previously lived in East Lubbock. Submissions are also open to individuals living in District 1 or 2 in Lubbock, Texas. No age requirements.
We are accepting forms of art that include musical performances, poetry, dance, and visual art. All accepted work will receive artistic stipends and compensation for their work upon acceptance.
Voices of East Lubbock is an art, literacy, and performance event that celebrates and recognizes artistic talent and creativity in the Eastern portion of Lubbock, Texas. This event will be taking place November 12th from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. at East Lubbock Art House.
How to Submit Work for Consideration:
- Please submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Voices of East Lubbock”.
- For visual artists: Please include 1-3 images of your work for submission. Works must be under 36″x36″. Include title, media, size, and price along with each artwork submission.
- For poets and musicians: Please include links to previous musical performances, links to audio, and/or pdf material of your work. All work considered will be a performance of 5-25 minutes.
- In submission email, please also include your social media handles (such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter), current address, and short (3-5 sentence) biography.